Tuesday, 6 May 2008

A psychic reading



So, the Du Maurier festival is about to start in Cornwall, and I'm going to be there on Saturday, for an event which I think will be very unusual, and definitely worth coming to. (If any of you can get to Fowey for the event -- 11.45 on Saturday morning -- I'm offering four free tickets. Just let me know...) The talk will be chaired by Professor Helen Taylor from Exeter University -- she's the editor of the excellent 'Du Maurier Companion' -- and I'll be in conversation with Daphne du Maurier's grandson, Rupert Tower, who is a psychoanalyst, and Henrietta Llewelyn Davies, who is the great-grand-daughter of Daphne's aunt, Sylvia (the mother of the five Lost Boys who inspired 'Peter Pan'). I talked to both Rupert and Henrietta when I was researching 'Daphne', but what I haven't mentioned before is that Henri (as she is known to her friends) is a psychic. She's very low-key about it, but nevertheless I happen to know she counts some Very Famous Authors amongst her clients -- as you might expect of a psychic with such a literary family tree, not to mention a degree in English Literature from Oxford -- and whether or not you're a believer in a sixth sense, Henri has a knack of coming up with apposite remarks and insights. Have a look at her website here.
Whatever happens on Saturday, it won't be boring... and you never know, it might give new meaning to the phrase 'psychic reading'. Hope to see you there.

19 comments:

mistressdickens said...

Hi Justine,

Thank you for the postcard - it was a lovely surprise.

Your blog looks really interesting - I'll have fun reading it! I have one too, if you'd like to have a nose ... mistressdickens.livejournal.com

Good luck for the Cornwall event - it sounds fantastic!
Best wishes
Rebecca Whitaker

Justine Picardie said...

Glad the postcard arrived safely. I'm going to go and visit you on your blog now.

Justine Picardie said...

Due to my technical ineptitude, I couldn't comment on your blog. But it looks really interesting. And I don't blame you for getting nowhere with Branwell in this glorious weather. He needs slate grey skies at the very least, or gothic storms.

mistressdickens said...

I'm not that technically minded, but I think if you wanted to comment on anything you could just do it anonymously ... I think the url bit for the open id would be justine-picardie.blogspot etc ... but I don't claim to be a technical whizz, that honour must be saved for my Norwich housemates!

I'm not complaining about the unsuitable Bronte weather - I've got over 300 other books that need reading, and some of them are bound to be hot weather compatable!

Justine Picardie said...

How about 'Tender Is The Night'? Perfect for reading in hot weather. Not that I should be adding to your already lengthy list...

mistressdickens said...

I have a terrible confession: I hate F Scott Fitzgerald ...

I commented in another post (on VMC's) that I have a copy of 'The Brontes went to Woolworths' and as I'm coming to your talk with Kathryn next week, I could bring it with me, if you'd like?

Justine Picardie said...

Thank you!

mistressdickens said...

That's ok! I actually read it on Saturday ... I blame it for the terrible sunburn I now have!

simoncadbury said...

im not able to open the website of Henri.. is there any problem with the link?

nursing doctorate degree | doctorate degree Software Engineering | Web Development diploma

samanthacruise said...

fabulous post

Buy Research Paper

Mark said...

I do really think consulting with an expert psychic reader, healer & advisor will help people with their life, love problems. Like by: Psychic Readings Florida

Matthew Keenan said...

This kind of festivals are simply amazing. I have gone since ever, however this year I couldn't go. I have to travel to Italy to xl pharmacy labs and check out what's happening there, due to the fact last months the quality of the products has decreased radically.

PALMY ROSE said...

Your contents are too simple to read and easy to understand.
Alissa @ ChatPsychicReadings.com

Muneeb Ahmad said...

That's the post i was looking for Thanks for sharing your thoughts about tarot card readings, Keep up the good work and hope to see the next update soon.
Psychic Medium

alex grim said...

You made some first rate factors there. I looked on the web for the difficulty and located most people will go along with along with your website.PSYCHIC READINGS

John Carter said...

wow, great, I was wondering how to cure acne naturally. and found your site by google, learned a lot, now i’m a bit clear. I’ve bookmark your site and also add rss. keep us updated. psychic reading

Elizabeth J. Neal said...

I talked to both Rupert and Henrietta when I was researching 'Daphne', but what I haven't mentioned before is that Henri (as she is known to her friends) is a psychic. She's very low-key about it, http://www.mypsychicadvice.com/

simplypsychics said...

Hey love the blog all I can say is keep up the good work! Ill be back.

I love a good Phone Psychic Reading

Love And Light

Sri Anjaneya Astrology said...

It is astonishing and magnificent to visit your site. It truly gives me a knowledge on this theme.Best Indian Astrologer in London | Famous Indian Astrologer in London